ACUP Board Finalizes Upcoming Conference
The board of directors of the Association of College and University Printers met in Houston for two days recently to discuss updates to the ACUP strategic plan and finalize the agenda for the upcoming conference, now just 39 days away. The group will meet for the 55th time in Lincoln, Neb., March 29 - April 2.
The top focus areas of the association remain the same; increase membership engagement, grow resource development, and enhance governance and structure. Among the key goals are additional educational and career development opportunities for members and developing partnerships with compatible associations and partners.
While together, the board also judged the entries in the ACUP Awards competition. Those winners will be honored during the awards banquet on the last day of the conference.
The largest annual gathering of higher-ed in-plant managers, ACUP 2020 will provide three days of keynote presentations, educational breakout sessions, roundtable discussions, and a tour of the University of Nebraska- Lincoln’s in-plant facility, which recently installed a new six-color offset press. A vendor showcase will feature more than 30 vendors displaying and demonstrating their products. Perhaps the most beneficial part of the conference, however, will be the many networking opportunities it will provide, with managers from higher-ed and school district in-plants around the country.
Among the topics that will be covered in the 21 educational sessions are:
- Strategies to cope with difficult people
- Insight on campus organizational structures and how they affect your operation and communication style
- Data on In-plant trends (presented by IPI Editor Bob Neubauer) to help managers understand the evolving market and future opportunities.
- Recruiting good workers
- In-plant success stories
- Marketing your services
- Benchmarking metrics
- Wide-format, both an introductory session and one featuring hands-on application techniques, which will include wrapping of windows, lockers and a car tailgate
- Pricing your services
- Partnering with purchasing
- Mailing services
See the full schedule here: http://www.acup-edu.org/2020-Schedule
Register for ACUP 2020 here: http://www.acup-edu.org/event-3463942
Related story: ACUP+ Hits the Ivy League