Eight Technologies That Will Change the Industry
Printing Industries of America has announced the recipients of the 2011 InterTech Technology Awards. The innovative technologies receiving this award are expected to have a major impact on the graphic communications industry.
Eight technologies were selected to receive a 2011 InterTech Technology Award:
- Enfocus Switch — Enfocus
- KBA Flying JobChange — KBA North America
- Komori H-UV Drying and Curing System — Komori America Corp.
- manroland autoprint APL — manroland Inc.
- Memjet Technologies — Memjet
- PDF/VT (ISO 16612-2) — NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies*
- Studio Toolkit for Shrink Sleeves — EskoArtwork
- TrueJet Digital Coated Papers — NewPage Corp.
(*NPES coordinates U.S. representation to the ISO technical committee on graphic technology.)
An independent panel of judges deliberated over nominations ranging from plates and digital printing to a variety of production and management software. Great strides in technology were demonstrated in packaging software, inkjet printing, workflow automation, offset press efficiency, UV curing and variable-data printing.
The InterTech stars, recognized as the symbol of technological innovation and excellence, will be presented before an audience of industry leaders during the 2011 Printing Industries of America Premier Print Awards and InterTech Technology Awards Gala, Sept. 11 in Chicago.
A technology review booklet showcasing all of the entries will be produced and distributed this fall at GRAPH EXPO and in an issue of Printing Industries of America: The Magazine. The booklet will also be available here.