MUTOH Introduces ValueJet 1628MH Hybrid Printer
The new MUTOH ValueJet 1628MH hybrid printer combines upgraded features and new technologies designed to produce vibrant output with smoother gradations and a wide color gamut using MUTOH’s own VerteLith RIP software.
The VJ-1628MH is the most versatile printer on the market and offers the flexibility of printing on roll or rigid media using MP31 multi-purpose inks in up to 8 colors, including CMYKx2 and CMYKWhWh. A new built-in circulation system for white and magenta inks provides improved color stability and consistency while a new custom roller selection function offers diverse media compatibility and the ability to set each pressure roller independently for various types of substrates.
MUTOH’s new VerteLith RIP software is bundled with FlexiDESIGNER MUTOH Edition 21, a $2,199.00 value. VerteLith includes MUTOH Clear Tone and CMYK technologies, two preview functions, and auto-generation of named Pantone spot colors. The VJ-1628MH outputs packaging prototypes, indoor/outdoor signage, banners, posters, and thermoforming prints easily and efficiently with high heat and stretch tolerance, and produces a smooth and natural finish, preserving the texture of the print substrates.
“The ability to output stunning prints on a wide variety of media and substrates makes the VJ-1628MH truly the most versatile printer on the market,” explained MUTOH Product Manager Derek Moffett.
The VJ-1628MH is a direct replacement for the VJ-1627MH. Other model features include:
- Blower heater – gently dries the entire printing surface. The temperature and air pressure of the heater can be set and changed.
- Automatic media height adjustment mechanism – easily set media height to allow for printing directly on corrugated plastics, polystyrene, PVC, acrylic, polycarbonate, foam board, aluminum composite, banner material, vinyl and more.
- Built-in head strike prevention sensor – protects the print head from collisions with the media.
- Media retainer – provides proper positioning of media for output.
- Take-up system – an optional 88lb unit is available.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with In-plant Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of In-plant Impressions.