Promote Yourself… Build a Network of Friends and Fans
The following are options that your peers in the industry have leveraged to build awareness. We will consider:
• Direct end-user department contact.
• Mass Media: Brochures delivered to user departments and signage appropriately posted in strategic locations in the organization explaining the services you offer.
• Internet storefront site: An easy-to-use Internet storefront site for order entry of business cards, stationery and letterhead can also incorporate information about other capabilities. The screen capture (below) for the ASU Print and Image Lab shows all the services it offers prospective user departments. It has a quick tutorial about online order entry, as well as includes images that demonstrate the breadth of its capabilities.
• Creative direct mailers and e-mails to user departments can be used to build awareness about your services and actually illustrate what you do.
• Events and tours of your facility can demonstrate your actual capabilities.
• Delighted customers can be leveraged for referrals.
If done properly, these are affordable techniques for communicating the value you deliver, expanding your business, building customer loyalty, and enhancing overall support to the organization.
A digital printing and publishing pioneer and marketing expert, Barbara Pellow helps companies develop multi-media strategies that ride the information wave whether it is developing a strategy to launch a new product, building a strategic marketing plan or educating your sales force on how to deliver an effective value proposition. She brings the knowledge and skills to help companies expand and grow business opportunity. Barb has had a number of high-profile marketing and sales positions including Chief Marketing Officer for the Kodak Graphic Communications Group, Corporate Vice President of Marketing for IKON Office Solutions, and Vice President and General Manager for the Xerox Document Production Systems Group. She also served as the Gannett chair in integrated publishing sciences in Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) School of Printing Management and Sciences (SPMS). Most recently, Barb was the Group Director for Business Development at InfoTrends. She is currently the Manager of Pellow and Partners, LLC.
Barb can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Mobile, 585-734-2228)