Key Questions to Ask Vendors
An article in a recent issue of IPMA's member newsletter, InsidEdge, listed some of the questions managers should ask vendors when they start looking into new equipment, to avoid common sand-traps that can shift them off course. They include:
• Are we using the same terminology in all of our discussions with all representatives?
• Can our current computer capabilities accommodate the proposed upgrade without any additional requirements?
• What is the total cost of the proposed upgrade?
• Will the proposed upgrade perform as promised without any additional upgrades?
• Will our current space and electrical set-up handle the addition?
Other excellent questions, plus details on each one, can be gleaned by reading the full story.
Advice like this is one great reason to join IPMA, which will give you access not only to the InsidEdge newsletter, but to hundreds of other in-plant managers. Their advice could be crucial to your in-plant's success.