Ricoh Enhances ProcessDirector and InfoPrint Manager
Ricoh Americas Corp. announced enhancements to its software portfolio, which customers have long relied on to help ensure accuracy, efficiency and quality in their output operations. Recent updates to Ricoh ProcessDirector and InfoPrint Manager address key pain points for in-plants looking to adapt to the new world of work, including those hoping to broaden their reach into new channels of communication, such as e-mail and electronic presentment.
“We work with a lot of print service providers, many of whom have been trying to make the jump to multi-channel communications,” says John Fulena, vice president of Ricoh Americas' Production Printing Business Group. “We identified the struggles they are experiencing as they try to efficiently operate additional communication channels. For some of our customers, three times as many channels could mean three times as much work, so we see an opportunity to enhance components of our legacy workflow offerings to help make their transition as smooth as possible.”
- Cut costs, change up an approach, or meet customer demands by sending all or part of a job’s documents via email. Emailed documents can be set to dynamically pull key information into subject lines, arranging the message in the manner most useful to the reader.
- Allow users easy, secure access to their documents on their terms by setting all or part of a job’s documents to be represented in an accessible electronic format. With these electronic presentment capabilities, users can set separate versions for different audiences, such as internal help desk and external customers, with different kinds of information available.
- Engage customers via the medium they prefer by leveraging a preference management system that matches communications addressed to a customer to their expressed preferred channel, pulled from a database collected from reader responses the user gathers.
- Reduce waste and increase workspace by utilizing preset AFP forms that are dynamically filled in at time of printing, so users no longer have to store preprinted forms, many of which can go unused.
- Keep data safe while making Ricoh ProcessDirector easier to use, integrating its security system into users’ own infrastructure and allowing user accounts to be more easily managed across users’ systems.
- Pinpoint errors and learn from past successes with the ability to archive one’s entire production history.
In addition to these workflow software offerings, Ricoh has also enhanced its InfoPrint Manager solution. With its strong legacy in enabling printers to have centralized control of their print operations to improve visibility and efficiency, InfoPrint Manager now offers added support for Linux platforms, bringing the power of the enterprise output management solution to a broader range of users. Watch this video to see how.