SGIA Creates Suppliers and Manufacturers Council
In an unprecedented move, the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has created a Suppliers and Manufacturers Council (SMC), an elite group of industry leaders who will advise the association on issues and concerns related to the future success of their companies, their customers and, more importantly, the printing industry.
“The SMC will reflect the ever-changing diversity of the industry and provide an important voice from the supplier community,” said Ford Bowers, President & CEO, SGIA. “It’s strategically important for keeping with SGIA’s larger, community-based approach.”
The SMC also gives supplier and manufacturer members an opportunity for peer-to-peer interaction and advice in selected areas including event participation, access to customers and new markets, industry research, legislative affairs and advocacy, training programs and talent acquisition.
“We’re relying on the SMC for their industry experience and knowledge as well as their desire to play a pivotal role in helping shape the future direction of the industry and our association,” said Bowers.
“This council gives SGIA a unique opportunity to look at how these rapidly converging markets of applications and technologies are impacting the industry and where an increasing number of customers are now looking for us to help them enter new market segments. The SMC represents our first and best opportunity to really leverage this association and the PRINTING United partnership between SGIA and NAPCO Media to help define the future,” said newly appointed SMC Chairman Andrew Oransky, President, Roland DGA Corporation.
The SMC is designed to represent the convergence taking place in the printing industry. Members include executives from segments including commercial print/publications, in-plant printers, package printing, wide-format and graphics, garment decoration and functional printing:
- Andrew Oransky (SMC Chairman), President, Roland DGA Corporation
- Kimberly Daugherty, President, Advanced Color Solutions
- Heather Poulin, Director — Strategic Planning & Business Development, Ricoh USA
- Chris Raney, President, Baumer HHS
- Frank Tückmantel, Vice President — Corporate Marketing, EFI
- Larry Moore, Vice President — NA Partner Programs, Esko
- Scott Fisher, President, Fisher Textiles
- Kay Fernandez, Senior Vice President — Marketing, Konica Minolta
- Jacki Hudmon, Senior Vice President — New Business Development, Komori
- Danny Sweem, CEO, The M&R Companies
- Michael Abergel, Executive Vice President & Managing Director, MGI
- Ken VanHorn, Vice President — Marketing and Operations, Mimaki
- Ken Ingram, President, Screen Americas
- Michael LaBella, Commercial Director — Inks & Industrial Colors, Sensient
- Carleen Gray, CEO, Stahls’
- Michael Sanders, Director — Printable Textiles & Finishing Technology, Top Value Fabrics
- Eric Tischer, President, Verseidag
- David Wilkins, Vice President — Sales and Marketing, Xeikon
SGIA — Supporting the Leaders of the Printing Community
Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) is the trade association of choice for professionals in the industrial, graphic, garment, textile, electronics, packaging and commercial printing communities looking to grow their business into new market segments through the incorporation of the latest printing technologies. SGIA membership comprises these diverse segments, all of which are moving rapidly towards digital adoption. As long-time champions of digital technologies and techniques, SGIA is the community of peers you are looking for to help navigate the challenges of this process. “Whatever the medium, whatever the message, print is indispensable. Join the community — SGIA.”
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with In-plant Graphics. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of In-plant Graphics.