The 2018 SGIA Expo Starts Tomorrow
After months of anticipation, the 2018 SGIA Expo starts tomorrow in Las Vegas. In-plant managers from across the country are heading there now, eager to examine the latest wide-format, contour cutting, garment printing and other specialty technologies to enhance their in-plants' service offerings.
More than 50 have registered for the free in-plant breakfast and wide-format discussion, to take place Friday morning. IPG Editor Bob Neubauer will present new wide-format research results, and a panel of in-plant users will discuss innovative wide-format applications they have produced. The panel includes:
- Brian Hindal (Mayo Clinic)
- Rick Maisonneuve (Pearl River Resorts)
- Adam Broadfoot (The World Bank)
As with every SGIA Expo, the show floor will be plastered wall-to-wall with the latest and greatest machinery, applications and consumables, created by experts responding to change with cutting-edge innovations. With more than 600 exhibitors covering more than 273,000 sq. ft. of the Las Vegas Convention Center, the 2018 SGIA Expo will be buzzing with excitement.
“Every day we see new innovations that are changing the way we do things in printing, and the SGIA Expo brings the industry together to prepare for what’s on the horizon,” says Ford Bowers, president and CEO of the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA).
The educational program and networking opportunities will give attendees insight into the latest trends and innovations in wide-format digital printing, and the expansive show floor will show them in action. This year’s event will feature 72 educational sessions covering topics such as graphics, technology, business management and production. Sessions will be held all three days of the show, and will cover a variety of topics: graphics and sign printing, garment decoration, industrial printing, commercial printing and printed packaging.
In addition, a collection of special events will blend education and networking to promote learning through interaction with fellow attendees. Networking opportunities at this year’s show include:
- Brands Talking Sustainability Luncheon (Thursday, Oct. 18, 12-2 p.m., $30): Discuss sustainability efforts, goals and objectives, and network to discover new ways to engage your customer base on sustainability-related issues.
- Opening Night Party (Thursday, Oct. 18, 7-9 p.m., Free): Celebrate the SGIA Expo at TAO Las Vegas and enjoy drinks and snacks while you engage with your peers.
- Women in Print Breakfast (Friday, Oct. 19, 7:30-9 a.m., $30): Join the Women in Print Alliance for a morning of connection and education, and share your work experiences with other women in the industry.
To view all there is to see and do at this year’s SGIA Expo, head to www.sgia.org/expo/2018 for a full list of events, sessions and more. Next year, in support of the convergence of technologies and the blending and blurring of market segments and specialties, SGIA and NAPCO Media will launch PRINTING United in Dallas, Oct. 23-25, 2019. PRINTING United will bring you all of what you love about the SGIA Expo, plus a whole lot more.