IPMA Conference Coming in June
The 2017 IPMA “Stand Like Steel” conference — the largest in-plant event of the year — will take place in Pittsburgh from June 11-14.
Perhaps the biggest name on the speaker roster is Steve Gilliland, back for the second year in a row. His entertaining stories were a hit at the 2016 conference, and his presentation this year promises to show attendees how to open doors to success in their careers, their relationships and their lives.
Other featured speakers include:
- Peter Muir, president of Bizucate, an educator, consultant, marketer, maker and motivator known for helping individuals and organizations find profitable opportunities through more effective communications.
- Howie Fenton, noted consultant and thought leader in the printing and digital communication industry, and an author of five books and hundreds of articles and blogs.
- Dr. Joe Webb, a consultant, entrepreneur and economics commentator, also back for his second IPMA conference in a row.
- Barb Pellow, of InfoTrends, who has many years of experience helping companies develop multi-media strategies and build strategic marketing plans.
- Jim Rowell, CEO and co-founder of Rising Sun Consultants, who spent more than 25 years in the corporate world as a professional trainer, supervisor and director, will discuss leadership fitness.
Among the in-plant managers sharing their expertise in sessions will be:
- Tom Tozier (University of Nevada-Las Vegas): In Defense of Our Existence
- Bonnie Lyons (Villanova) Sowing The Seeds of Growth
- Ben Fowler (Shelter Insurance Company) Leading & Supporting Communications with the Challenge of Multi-Generations
- Jimmy Vainstein and Andrew Berghauser (The World Bank): Are You Ready for Virtual Reality?
- Sherri Isbell (University of Oklahoma) Marketing Your Awards
- Catherine Chambers (Alfred State): Best Practices for In-plant Management
Get the full lowdown on the conference, including details about evening and pre-conference outings, by visiting the IPMA website.
Related story: Contest Judging Set for March 20
Bob has served as editor of In-plant Impressions since October of 1994. Prior to that he served for three years as managing editor of Printing Impressions, a commercial printing publication. Mr. Neubauer is very active in the U.S. in-plant industry. He attends all the major in-plant conferences and has visited more than 170 in-plant operations around the world. He has given presentations to numerous in-plant groups in the U.S., Canada and Australia, including the Association of College and University Printers and the In-plant Printing and Mailing Association. He also coordinates the annual In-Print contest, co-sponsored by IPMA and In-plant Impressions.