Avoid Headaches, Manage Your Shop Effectively
Need order in your life? A computer management system can help you achieve that, as well as productivity, efficiency and convenience.
What if you could determine the status of any job, at any time, from anywhere in your in-plant?
What if you could put customers at ease by instantly telling them the status of their jobs?
What if you could determine the estimated cost of a job without putting pen to paper?
Well you can—if you own a computer management system (CMS). Such a system lets you offer customers efficiency, convenience and accuracy at the touch of a button, while eliminating excessive phone calls, paper work and lost time.
As a manager, you're always looking for ways to increase productivity and offer customers convenient, quality service and products. A CMS can help you with that by managing your production schedules, monitoring inventory and handling invoicing, accounting and other business-related information.
"Our print management system is literally the glue that holds the company together," admits Larry Lorino, director of Printing Services at University of Texas-Houston. "I don't understand how we operated before we had it."
How A CMS Can Help You
With the help of a CMS you'll be able to:
• Track job orders—follow the job as it flows through the shop.
• Estimate costs—eliminate expensive errors by providing your customer base with the right price, the first time.
• Respond to customer's queries while they're still on the phone.
• Handle chargebacks—bill your customers accurately and efficiently.
• Schedule—be able to list "need it by 9 a.m." jobs and know whether you can fit them into your workload.
• Control inventory—keep close track of items in stock.
And finally, what every in-plant manager wants: increased productivity. A computer management system lets you evaluate the productivity of your employees and determine how much downtime you've had over the year. Put simply, a CMS allows you some breathing room.